30 Things: Three Legitimate Fears

April 09, 2014

It's been a while since I posted an entry on my 30 Things series. I kind of forgot it...Nonetheless, here's another installment as part of that series.

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

Fear 1: Spiders
Ok, I think this is a common fear among many people. I really do not care for spiders. Big one make me jump, scream and tingly and little ones even make me tingly. I definitely avoid the area where the creature is and if I do kill one, I hit it at least 5 times to make sure it's dead. Oh I don't like picking them up either. I reach down slowly and walk quickly to the trash can. My fear of them comes from the way the move. It's so creepy. I also have a fear one with pop out of the trashcan after I killed it. I don't bother spiders outside like on a leaf or something like that. That is there natural habit. They can do what they do, and I'll do what I do. I especially try to avoid a spiderwebs if I'm outside.

Fear 2: House Fires
This fear came became a fear when I was younger. There was a home in the back of my parent's house that caught fire and I'll never forget that night. I remember hearing people taking outside and hearing firetrucks. I looked out one window of my parents home that night, and saw nothing. I looked out the window on the other side and saw a big burning house, cars were parked on our lawn and people were just standing and watching. The home was engulfed and the fire was so strong the firefighters were telling people to get back and you could feel the heat. I remember when the roof collapsed, the embers were floating towards my parents house and I really thought that the house would catch on fire too. There was nothing left of the house after it was extinguished. Fires are so devastating. My fear is of the fire and not being able to get out.

 Fear 3: Guns
I do not like guns. I have many friends that own guns, my father and grandfather have guns, but me I will not hold or own a gun. There's been so many shootings of innocent lives, one of the first I heard of was Columbine. Recently in movie theaters, malls, and elementary schools, it seems when in the gun gets into the wrong hands, there is a tragedy. I have never come in contact with a gun. I hope more control can be put on guns, to make it a safer place for everyone.

Though these are my fears, they do not limit me towards achieving my goals, they allow me to be more cautious. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments