Little Walker

April 16, 2014

May turned 16 months a few days ago and today she has been walking around so much. She started getting more confidence walking on her own towards the end of her being 15 months. Now she's really gotten the hang of putting one foot in front of the other. Seeing the other children in the daycare a few week ago might have helped her, but I think she just wanted to walk in her own time and that's fine with me.

May is so happy walking around and though she's a little wobbly, she smiles and claps. She still likes to crawl too. Rex and I both think it's wonderful seeing her milestones and watching her grow up. She really is growing up so fast. Each day she's learning more and exploring her world. We've had to get more gates in the house to keep her safe, we definitely are going to go out more when it gets nicer outside, so she can see more of the plants and flowers outside.

I'm still searching for another job, though while looking for a job I'm finally closer towards defending my thesis. I'll actually be defending my thesis tomorrow in Maryland. It's been a long time coming and I'm so happy it's almost over. Rex has to work and so do my parents. May isn't in daycare for now so I'll be taking her to MD with me. I'll drop her off with her Rex's family there. We've been missing seeing everyone and they miss seeing us. We hope to visit everyone soon and maybe even move back down there one day.

For now we'll take things one step at a time. Just like May is really starting to walk, you must learn to walk before you can run and you must have patience. Good things come to those who wait.

You Might Also Like

0 comments