5 Passions I Have- 30 Things

September 05, 2017


I'm back with another installment of the 30 Things series. It's getting more. Hehe. Here we go!

8. What are 5 passions you have?



1. Family

I have been family oriented ever since I was younger. I have been so blessed to have positive role models in my family. My parents, my grandparents, my uncles, and aunts and cousins, and so much more. My husband is so caring and my children are so curious and cheerful. Many of my friends are family.  I am truly blessed even though I live in another state from my relatives and friends, we all still have strong bonds that can never be broken and I am so thankful for that.



2. My husband and children

I can't thank God enough for the life I have been given and meeting Rex so randomly and having everything fit so well into place. We have two gorgeous children share a some of our personality traits and are so themselves. Seeing them grow into beautiful women, later though, it all makes me want to cry. I am passionate to work hard for them and Rex and to be the best mother and wife I can be. I want my children to learn and to continue to learn and I am very passionate about education.



3. Learning

Life is full of lessons and mistakes are sure to be made, but learning from those mistakes is really what is key to a successful future. There is only so much that can be learned in a day but in a lifetime we must keep our eyes and ears open. I love to learn and stay current with the latest trends in tech and the world. I remember being in my social sciences class in middle school and my teacher was shocked when we said that no one reads the newspaper. "Don't you want to know what goes on in the world?" she proclaimed. From there I said, "Yes" and I follow the topics and try not to get lost in some topics but one topic I will never stray from is science. My father got me into science and that has lead me to, my Masters in Science and far beyond in articles and presentations. I also am passionate about history and knowing that learning help to sustain us in the future.


4.  Earth Science and the World itself

I squeal every time I see a rainbow and I think about all the mechanisms of how the rainbow occurs just at the right moment with just the right conditions. It's truly amazing the World we live in and to think we are the 3rd rock from the Sun, spinning in the galaxy with billions upon billions of stars. The weather, water, mountains, trees, plants and so many more, are so beautiful and though at times the weather can be quite destructive, the beauty that is nature is outstanding and I am passionate about preserving it and educating others. We have to protect the World we live in, so that future generations can actually breathe on this planet and actually see the beauty in which God has given us.


5. Helping Others

The above picture is last year when I competed in a dragon boat race with my team at AOL. I'm 2 spots in front of the person in blue. We were raising money for the Catholic Charities. I will have to write a blog post about that event. It was so much fun and training for it was intense but it was for such a great cause and giving back is a big passion of mine. I try to help others in many different ways from just being an ear, to providing advice, to mentoring, to teaching how to read and work the computers, to monetary donations and food donations. I know that many people are struggling and even a smile can lighten the mood for at least a second. I try to pay it forward and I hope to engage in more events and give back until the day I am no longer on this Earth. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments