The Story Of The Batman Power Wheels

April 12, 2014

May will be turning 16 months this Sunday and she getting the hang of walking more each day. She's still wants to crawl but she is standing up more.She's also growing out fast of the clothes we bought her previously.  Earlier today Rex and I went to Once Upon A Child, an inexpensive consignment store for children, to look for onesies. I had went through her clothes for her, that I had brought from Maryland back in December and realized we needed more onesies. 

When we first got inside the store, May went right were the shoes were. We had on sandals for her, it was bright and sunny and warm. The sandals we had where black though and I didn't think they really matched her pretty blue dress her grandmother got her, so I looked through the shoes and found a nice pair of white sandals with a flower on them. I got them in a size 5 as that's May's shoe size now but I'm sure within a month or two, she'll be out of these shoes too. 

We made our way to where the clothing section was and to wear the onesies were. The onesies were all together and though they coordinated by color, they are not coordinated by size. Unfortunately I was not able to find a onesie for May. Many were 0 to 3 months or 3 to 6 months. We were actually looking for more onesies as well because 3 of her onesies along with 3 full outfits went to the daycare for accidents and such. We decided to shop elsewhere for the onesies and as I was at the checkout, I saw Rex take May outside. I thought he was just going to wait for me outside with May but then he came back in holding May and said we should get a motorbike outside. I was thinking "She barely uses her walker. Really some power wheels?"

The cashier asked if I wanted to discuss the purchase with my husband. It was $25 for the Batman Power Wheels. I thought the price wasn't bad as much of the new purchases of the product are often $50+. I also thought if we really needed such a mobile device. He already had her on the Power Wheels when I looked outside and I decided to purchase the product. I made sure to ask him if the Power Wheels worked before the purchase and he assured me that it did. We then took the Power Wheels to the car and I could see how happy he was. I was a little uneasy. I heard about accidents with those devices in the past. We got back home and I thought my dad would share with my feeling of being uneasy, when he saw it. Nope! He was all for the Power Wheels. 

We put May on the Power Wheels and she actually inched  the device towards the kitchen. She really didn't have a problem pressing the button. She inched when Rex turned her around then drove into a chair. The back wheels were spinning. She was smiling though and we laughed. We later tested the Power Wheels outside and May had fun driving around the backyard. She even stopped at times and bent over to touch to buttercups. I know we'll have to get her a helmet and some elbow and knee pads. That will keep her much more safe while on the Power Wheels. She looks like she enjoys being on the Power Wheels and now that it's getting warmer out, we'll be out much more.

Oh consignment shops, you never know what you'll find.

May with her new toy inside the house.

Testing outside.

Having fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments