Starting Daycare

April 07, 2014

The time has come. May has now started daycare. I dropped her off at a daycare not too far from where my parents live in Delran, NJ. My mom has been saying we need to find a place for her to stay especially now that we are all working. The daycare is actually pretty affordable and the staff there seems very nice.

I feel very fortunate to have spent as much time with her as I did. I know that many other parents are not as fortunate. May was not happy when she saw I had left and was finishing up the process of enrolling her inside the office. I knew she wouldn't be happy. I felt so bad and I just wanted to say, "Ok nevermind," and take her back home. The staff assured me though that it was normal and she'd be OK. They also said I can call in and check on her. I called in not too long after I dropped her off and they said she had stopped crying and was eating. I packed her about three different snacks of animal crackers, cheerios and Gerber puffs. I also packed bananas, yogurt and spaghetti for her lunch. May has been more picky with the foods we've been giving her. She stopped eating mashed up food at around 14 months. She has four teeth and would rather eat spaghetti, rice, among other more adult food. She's been putting more toys in her mouth as well as her fingers and we think she's teething.

May is also walking more independently. Rex told me she walked, WALKED from the front door to the kitchen and back again. Just the other day, she walked over to me as I came in through the door. My she is growing so fast! She'll be 16 months old on Sunday. I know that putting her into the daycare, will introduce her to more things. She'll be at the daycare for pretty much the whole day. Rex or my mom will most likely be picking her up from daycare. I know eventually we'll get more into a routine, though it's a big transition especially for her.

You Might Also Like

0 comments