Dana Sibilsky's Tips To Successful And Profitable Blogging Book Review- Tomoson

August 12, 2015


Recently I had the opportunity to review Dana Sibilsky's book on successful and profitable blogging. As I write this entry now, I am on my own blog. I actually have two blogs, this one for more personal entries and reviews and my other blog, Weather Chat, for my interest of weather and Earth Science related phenomena. Over the past couple months for this blog, and years for my other blog, I have not posted as many entries as I have been currently and with the ideas from this book, I think it will be very helpful towards writing more.

The book itself is paperback and about 30 or so pages in length. It is a quick read but filled with useful tips that are very well highlighted. There is no table of contents in the beginning but they layout of the book starts with the ground or foundation for your blog, finding your voice, building an audience and lastly monetizing the blog. One of the biggest concerns I have always had with blogging is building and keeping an audience. I have many more views on my Weather Chat blog, though many of those viewers are more bouncers. There is a way to see on your blog the bounce rate and I can see that blog has a high bounce rate. With use of this book I think I can really put the tips towards both of my blogs to engage readers with rich and creative content. I used to write in journals and in this book, Sibilsky's mentions about writing down ideas for blog postings as you go throughout the day. I hope that one day I might be able to monetize my Weather Chat blog and maybe even this one, and perhaps create some revenue.

I also thought blogging is a great way to share content with whomever you'd like to share it with. In more present times there are so many smartphones with cameras or really advanced cameras like a GoPro, in which people more vlog or video blog. Though I have a Youtube account, I don't really video blog. Maybe one day I might vlog as well, as much of what is stated in Sibilsky's book, can relate to vlogging. The book is very clear and does a great job of highlighting specific topics and points. Overall I'll be keeping this book close to me when I am writing my entries for reference. I think the book is versatile too and offers great tips for beginner blogs as well as more experienced bloggers. Honestly, where was this book back when I first started blogging, back in 2009?

Currently the book is available on Amazon for $5.38.

To learn more about Dana Sibilsky, visit her website.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments