Family Of Four!

August 13, 2015

We've officially been a family of four for a little over a month now and things are starting to get more into a rotation.  Nia is growing well and at her last doctor's appointment she was is the 75% percentile for both her weight and height. She is exclusively breast fed at the moment. I know this will change once I can go back to work somewhere though. I've been pumping more, now that my breast milk is more established. I can't believe I'm using the same electric breast pump from when I breastfed May. It was much more trial and error with May and though I spent a good portion of time with her during the first couple of months, we still supplemented with formula. We had even given May formula in the hospital, Nia has received strictly breast milk. As I stated in previous blog postings, I think breast feeding is such a great and natural way for mother and child to bond and its so good for both child and mom as well. It's also very inexpensive compared to formula. Times are tough.

I'm hoping to go back to work towards the end of this month or early next month, it's not set in stone yet but I am applying both in my field of science and also in the office type setting work. I called the temp agency a couple of weeks back to let them know I would be available more towards the towards the end of this month. It's been hard these last few weeks. Rex has been doing so much and he actually left his job at the car port and is now working as an electrical apprentice. The company he works for now is actually the same company he applied for two years ago, when May and I had to leave Maryland to New Jersey and he stayed for three months looking for work in Maryland. His friend Paul referred him then and referred him again this time. This time for the interview the boss said he didn't know why he hadn't hired Rex the first time when he applied. Since Rex has been working there for a little over a month as well, he is really leaving a good impression on his co-workers and his boss. He goes to work on the lightning for new buildings around the area and with this he'll be a certain project for a number of time and then another and another. With this his schedule won't be completely set but at least he will have work. I know with temping, as I have done it much more often in prior years, the company can send you on different assignments in various places but those assignments usually don't last as long as they say. For some it can move towards a permanent position.

Rex will also be starting his classes on August 24th. I am honestly so proud of him and know he will do great in the classes. He will be going to school two days a week and working full time. He also has been doing side jobs with his friend Paul around the area for extra income and this has helped in paying for bills, especially the rent. We had to ask family and friends too, it's really hard with one income. We know it will get even harder when he starts school. I know I'll be going from watching them all day to really really watching them all day especially when school starts. As I stated earlier, I would like to go back to work, though soon childcare will be a option. We looked at a few daycare centers around the house and we found two we really might pursue. The area is not the best but the daycare centers definitely seem like good and reliable ones. It's just the price for both that is our challenge. Rex's brother's girlfriend is offering too to watch them for a certain lower price. We know if we go this route we can help them too. They are just around the corner but they also have things that they are working on as well.

I have been involved in my product testing and focus groups like back in New Jersey. It helps to bring in a little bit of something and get a couple of things we really need. I was able to get a pressure cooker with Amazon gift cards that I got not too long ago and I plan to use this to cook more healthy foods for the family. It also will cut back on my spending on outside food. Though we had to let a few things go, we are making a way. We know that this too shall past and we have seen much worse. I do love the time I get to spend with both May and Nia and though it is hectic at times, we are all falling into some sort of routine. I still teach May her colors and numbers and she is learning very well. She has such a big imagination and she really loves her new sister.

We know that things will pick up sooner than later. You have to crawl before you can walk and we are so thankful for the many blessings we have and we are looking forward towards reaching that plateau in the future.

 Little Ms. Nia Jane

Took this a few days ago. So enlightening when there is a rainbow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments