KOVOT Set of 2 Non Stick Heat Resistant Baking Mats Review- Tomoson

August 12, 2015



I have been more interested in cooking homemade meals, as stated in one of my 30 before 30 goals. When I saw the promotion for KOVOT Set of 2 Non Stick Heat Resistant Baking Mats on Tomoson, I instantly applied and was so happy to be accepted. Baking mats are a great way to lessen the use of cooking sprays and oils. They are also very versatile.

According to the product's description on Amazon, the mats:
  • 2 Pack of 16.5" x 11" Silicone Baking Mats
  • Eliminates the Need for Cooking Sprays, Oils, Butter or Parchment Paper
  • High Temperature Resistant up to 482F/250C
  • Freezer, Microwave, and Oven Safe
  • Simply Wipe Using Hot Water and Dish Soap and Dishwasher Safe
The mats arrived quickly to the house and came with very detailed instructions. The instructions were very helpful as this was my first time ever using baking mats. Upon first use of the mats it is instructed that the mats be washed with hot, soapy water. I did this. The instructions also said that a thin layer of cooking oil should be applied. I applied the thin layer of oil and cooked four Pillsbury biscuits at 400 degrees. I paid attention that the mats should be placed on a backing tray and never directly on heat. I thought the mats could just go into the oven. The biscuits came out well cooked though they were a little brown on the bottom. The instructions did say that the cooking times might be slightly shorter. Clean up was a breeze, just a couple of wipes with soapy water was enough. I like that the mats can be stored by laying them flat or they can be rolled. As for now, I'll be storing them laying flat in the drawer under the oven. I like too how these mats can be used in the microwave and the freezer. I think I will more use them in the oven. I will certainly be making more cookies and pies in the next coming months, and these mats will be wonderful for cooking pizza. These mats will also be a fun project for when May and Nia get older and can help in the kitchen. I'm sure they'll have fun putting the cookie dough on the mats and the cookies will also be a bit healthier with no use of cooking sprays or oils prior to application. Overall, I think these mats are very useful and I hope to use them for a long time. 
Currently the mats retail on Amazon for $13.49. 
To learn more about Kovot, check out their About Us page. 

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments