Keeping Our Spirits Up

January 03, 2014

We've been trying to keep our spirits up and our hopes high, ever since the passing of my paternal grandfather. He passed away in North Carolina and will be buried in New Jersey next Wednesday. My father and mother are handing a lot of the funeral arrangements. I've been trying to help but I don't much about the procedure.

Rex and I are still searching for jobs in the meantime. We haven't heard anything back yet and with this Nor'Easter that came last night, many places are closed. Rex said Baltimore got about 4 inches, here in Moorestown, we got about 6. This storm reminded me a lot of winters in New Jersey. I went out early to help my father brush the snow off the cars and dig a path for the cars to get out. May was happy to see the snow once again. This time she was much more bundled up. The high for today was 17 degrees. Now that's cold!

Here's a few pictures we took in the snow:

Before heading outside.

 In the snow.

I can really notice May's personality shining through the more I am here with her. Though I need to find a job to keep up with the finances, I am happy to spend this time with my daughter and see her grow. She is still talking and now she's saying words like "Hi" and "cat." She loves watching Nick Jr. and Dora The Explorer. We still watch Tinkerbell too. May is still a little apprehensive in walking by herself but we know in the next few months she'll be walking. She keeps my parents smiling, especially my father during this difficult time. 

For Rex and I we try to have FaceTime chats every other day. He's going to be coming up by Greyhound to stay with us for a few days, which I'm so happy about. I know May will be happy too. Hopefully we can both find something either here or there, so we can work towards getting a place to live together again. It'll take time though and we know we must be patient. Good things come to those who wait :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments