Birthday Love

January 09, 2014

My birthday is today! I'm officially 27 years old. Yesterday we said goodbye to my grandfather. It was so hard saying goodbye...

I'm happy that Rex was here to comfort me and celebrate my birthday with May and other members of my family. I'm also happy for seeing another day and celebrating another birthday. In the morning Rex and I went to Ihop. My father watched May for us. It was nice having breakfast with him, it was like mini date. I got the Brioche French Toast with strawberry and blueberries and Rex got the steak omelet. Here's a few pictures we took:

 
                                                                          Birthday Love

Later, Rex, May, my father and I stopped by my uncle Dennis'. My uncle Clarence and my cousin Tina, had come up from Georgia for the funeral and had stayed there. We hadn't seen each other in a while, and had recently seen each other at the funeral. They wanted to see May, since we didn't bring her to the funeral. It was also nice for Rex to see more of my family members.
  
May with my uncle Clarence

Here's a older picture of me with my uncle Clarence, with my grandma May

Four brothers

 
Here's my cousin, Jamie with May

My cousin, Jamie is a home health aide and gave Rex a few workbooks she had when she was learning the field. Not long after visit my family, Rex had to be at the Greyhound station to go back to Maryland. We weren't sure if he would get a call back for a second interview Friday and felt it would be better he was in Maryland in case he got the call. Dropping him off at the station was hard and it's getting harder each time. May seems to be OK, she sees pictures of him and hears his voice. The video calling is helpful as well. We decided he'll give it two more weeks and if he can't find anything in Maryland, he'll be coming up this way. We're really hoping he hears something back from the interview. I'm hoping I hear something back from the jobs I applied for in Maryland too. Some good news, the employer I was working with before I left still wants to work with me, and I'll be remotely analyzing the data I was imputing  for the middle school.  It's part-time work but at least it's something. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments