30 Things: 20 Random Facts

January 05, 2014

{To find out more of why I'm writing this entry, check out my 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me post.}

1. List 20 Random Facts About Yourself


1.  I never could have made it without God.
2. I was born at 10 pounds 6 ounces with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck.
3. I love my birthday! My birth year is enough to explain my birth-day, month and the year itself.
4. My favorite colors are purple, blue, green and silver.
5.  I’ve had a few poems published in analogies and my goal is to publish a novel, one day.
6. After I graduated from high school, I enrolled as an English major, Mass Communications minor at Virginia State University, in Petersburg, Virginia for two years. My passion was more meteorology, and I transferred out of Virginia State in the Fall of 2007, to attend Kean University in Union, NJ in as an Earth Science major, meteorology option. I later graduated from Kean with my degree in Earth Science. Talk about 360° change!
7. My freshman year at Virginia State, I got a certificate for the highest GPA out of the whole freshman class taking English as a major. 
8. I took French for 6 years.
9. My favorite movie of all time is Independence Day, second favorite is Titanic.
10. I really enjoy listening to all types of music, especially Rhythm and Blues.  I also love to dance. Any dance.
11. How I met my husband (your father) was completely random and it was the best encounter I’ve had.
12. My favorite kind of food is Italian. My least favorite is spicy foods.
13. I love watching the Amazing Race and want to participate one day.
14. I've had my luggage lost at an airport once. It was not fun.
15. I've been many cities around the United States, like Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tallahassee, for meteorology conferences.
16. In high school and college, I played tennis and at once someone told me they thought I’d be the next Serena Williams.
17. I have Raynaud's phenomenon. Thank you Mystery Diagnosis!
18. I am not a very good swimmer but I like sailing and canoeing.
19. When I was 10, I ate a jelly doughnut and got very sick. I have not eaten a jelly doughnut since.
20. I'm an only child.


Atop the Space Needle in Seattle, WA in 2010.


You Might Also Like

0 comments