Moving Towards A Brighter Future

December 17, 2013

We've taken the past couple of days to really assess where we should head next do to our current financial situation. I still haven been paid from a part-time position at a middle school on Howard campus. I started working there the being of November and now it looks I might not get the payment until early January. Rex has gone back to work but he isn't working full time, he put in  for full time but apparently all that was not guaranteed. In the meantime, of course we have other expenses and we were looking to move to a more affordable apartment, however with our very low income, we've decided that it would be best for May and I to move back in with my parents in New Jersey and for Rex to stay in Baltimore with a friend. Rex will be staying in Baltimore because his friend might be able to help him get a more stable job. It's only until we can get more on our feet, which we hope will be in a month or two at the latest. We really tried so many different options and did get approved for a more affordable apartment in Baltimore but much of the finances have been so far stretched that this is more the best option.

We will keep applying for positions and though I still need to finish school, my advisor and I decided it would be best to defend my thesis next month and graduate in May. We hope that we can find something more sustainable. We were able to stay at the apartment we'll be leaving this Friday, for a little over year. We wanted to stay longer but life happens and is so unpredictable. I never could have imagined Rex getting anxiety attacks and though he is feeling a little bit better, he is still recovering and trying to find a sense of normalcy. Overall, we both want to do what's best for May. I know it'll be hard, no one said life was easy, we just have to stay together even though we'll be a few states apart. With all this technology of Google hangouts and Facetime, May will definitely be seeing and hearing her dad. My parents said they struggled, my in-laws said they struggled, there's definitely challenges. Like I've been saying though, we are so thankful for the support of family and friends during this time. Many people have been so giving and it's more than we could ever ask for. Hopefully in this decision we can take steps towards a might brighter future. As May is still learning to walk, we're still trying to get our hang on the ground.

We're going to try and spend time together on Christmas Day, though at the moment it looks like Rex might be working. One thing I always remember is that when one door closed another one opens and with a new year approaching new hopes might be fulfilled. Here's to a brighter future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments