Christmas 2013

December 26, 2013

We hope that you had a joyous Christmas yesterday, and for those who don't celebrate Christmas we hope that you've had a wonderful holiday season so far. This Christmas for us was very low key and more family oriented. It's been almost a week since May and I moved back in with my parents and Rex has been in Maryland. He's been applying to jobs and so have I, of course with the holidays and all, we except there might be some delay in hearing something back. We've been keeping in touch through texting and phone calls, we also have talked on FaceTime. May smiles when she sees her dad and waves. Originally we planned on FaceTime Christmas morning, because Rex had to go to work that afternoon but Christmas Eve he told me that the friend who he was staying with was going to Philly to see some family there and Rex decided to catch a ride. From Philly to where my parents live is about 30 minutes away, actually closer depending on where you live in Philly. Rex also said that he switched his work day, so that he didn't have to work Christmas day. It was a wonderful surprise because, we thought we would be spending Christmas apart.

Around 8 pm Christmas Eve, Rex called to let me know he was in Philly and I drove with what little gas we had to pick him up. May was sleeping and she was still asleep when we got back that night. Christmas morning she awoke to see her dad standing next to her and was very excited and happy. I was happy too, to have Rex there and so were my parents. We all didn't really exchange gifts this year. We were really happy to just be healthy and in each others presence. My parents did get May a gift though. She got an 80-piece building blocks set. Here she is with her gift:

I can't wait to build amazing things with her. We've already built a few towers with the smaller building blocks set and she can stack two blocks together. Rex played with her with the blocks for a while, while my mom and I made the breakfast. Not too long after the breakfast, I took Rex back to Philly, he said that his friend wanted to leave to back to Maryland around noon. After I dropped Rex off, my parents, May and I ate lunch/dinner at my grandparents. It was nice relaxing holiday and even great having Rex there.

Here are a couple of pictures we took:

 Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

Stay curious, little one.


 Happy Holidays!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments