Happy Birthday May!!!

December 13, 2013

It's official! May is one year old today. Well she turned one at exactly 6:19 this morning. I remember her birth like it was yesterday. I remember the night before feeling really strong contractions and walking into the hospital saying I though I was in labor. Then I was admitted and a couple hours after I was admitted the doctors decided it would be best to for me to have a C-section. Then Rex and I heard the most beautiful cry of our daughter who is now one!!! Gosh times does sure fly and we know that she'll be even more grown up the following years.

We started the day by giving her a gift that her Aunt Kate had mailed earlier this week. Kate has been my best friend since I was younger and we call each other sisters. She lives in New Jersey and proudly calls May her niece. From Kate, May got a nice number, color and shape book, along with a metal piggy bank with wheels. May loved the gifts and the bows Kate had put on the gifts. Later in the day we gave May a bath and dressed her in an outfit we had bought from Target the previous day. She is growing out of her clothes so fast. My parents and grandparents came down from NJ to wish May a happy birthday. They brought gifts and food. They also came to take her for the weekend. At first she cried when she first saw them but she became more comfortable later on. It's her first time being away from us for more than a day. I know she'll be alright though. My parents and grandparents were so happy to see her too and I know they are even happier to spend more time with her. For my grandparents, May is their only great-grandchild and for my parents May is their only grandchild. Rex and I are taking it easy and relaxing. We have a few things to do tomorrow. We got approved for an apartment we are looking to move into within the next two weeks. It's tough, but we have wonderful support from family and friends and we couldn't be more thankful. We hope to do something more for May's birthday next year. She was really happy with what she got this year :-)

Here's some pictures from her birthday:

Looking at her book from her aunt.

Playing with the piggy bank from her aunt.

 The birthday girl!

 The birthday cake, yeah Sumo is spelled wrong. Somehow an "e" got in there.

Want some cake?

You Might Also Like

0 comments