New Year's Eve 2013

December 31, 2013

This NYE we are celebrating with a heavy heart. We found out my paternal grandfather on passed away earlier this morning. His health had been deteriorating since Sunday and for many years he was suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer's. His passing comes one month after my aunt passed. My grandfather did get to see May and I know that he is with my grandmother for who she is named after. I remember his chuckles and going out in the garden with him to pick vegetables and fruits. Oh that grape vine.

This will be the first NYE that Rex and I spend apart since we've known each other. Hopefully this will be the last. We do keep in touch with FaceTime and though he is in Maryland and I'm in New Jersey, we are connected as ever. We  hope that 2014 brings greater things and we wish that everyone has a safe New Year's Eve and a healthy start to 2014.

For now, here's a couple pictures of my charming grandfather:

Here's my aunt and grandfather, together again in paradise:

You Might Also Like

0 comments