Weekly Check Update

December 05, 2012

So I had my weekly doctor's visit today. I'm 39 weeks and 4 days. May is still cooking and her heart rate is at 137 beats per minute. I've gained about one pound and I am still not dilated. My doctor suggested a nonstress test for next week, given I don't go into labor by then. That'll put me at 40 weeks and 4 days, which would be 4 days past my due date. The nonstress test monitors the baby's heart rate and movement. I looked online and saw that this test is given for high-risk pregnancies, near the due date or past due. This pregnancy has been pretty normal.

I haven't been having any contractions over the past few days and I know the longer May stays in there the bigger she'll get. I know when she's ready she'll come though and plus the doctor told me they won't let me go past 42 weeks. At another appointment they said if she doesn't come by her due date, they'll induce me 7 to 10 days after that. That would mean either the 15th or the 18th. She'll definitely be out before Christmas. I'm trying not to get too anxious. We are still so ready to meet her.

As I was leaving the doctor's office today, a man asked me if I was having twins. I shook my head and said "no" and told I'm due in 3 days. He looked at me like I had two heads. The doctor did say her head seems lower. Which is good. We'll just have to wait and see. We love you May.

You Might Also Like

0 comments