Holiday Spruce Up 2012 Cravebox

December 01, 2012

A few days ago I received my Holiday Spruce Up 2012 box from a subscription service called Cravebox.  Cravebox features a selection of themed boxes that range from $10 to $15 plus free shipping. They used to have a regular subscription which is $10 which I heard about last year, but that subscription wasn't open to new subscribers. The themed boxes feature products that relate to cooking, beauty, health and wellness, pets and more. 

I went to their site a few weeks ago and saw they were offering a variety of new themed boxes. I saw that the Holiday Spruce Up 2012 box was available as well as a Coffee Lovers box and decided to take the survey for the Spruce Up box. I'm not really a big fan of coffee and there's always room for cleaning :-) The survey ended with a statement that if I was selected, I'd be notified by email. A couple of days after taking the survey I got an email saying I was selected and that I'd be getting the box. The cost of the box was $13 including shipping.

This is the box:

   

Here is what was in it:

This is the front and back of the card explaining what was in the box. 

 

 
It included a $1 coupon for Mean Green Cleaner & Degreaser, and a $2 coupon for Biz Stainfighter.


From the top left, there is a full bottle of Oxiclean Dishwashing Booster, one TidePods, one Bissell Stomp-n-Go Stain Lifting Pads, and a full size Febreze Set & Refresh (New Zealand Springs Scent).


 To be honest, I was not very happy with the contents of this box. The TidePods and Stain Lifting Pads are given out as free samples. The Dishwashing Booster is useless because we don't have a dishwasher. The Febreze Set & Refresh is nice and the scents usually smell nice.

The price of this box not including coupons is around $12.50. For $13 I don't feel this box was worth it. I checked their Facebook group and many others feel the same way. I've seen previous boxes that Cravebox offered for $10 and the products in those boxes were amazing. Just look at the Summer BBQ box. Though I'm disappointed, I think I'll give them another chance. Their past boxes look very good and this box was perhaps a bump. However looking at their Korr Thanksgiving box, which was the one before this box, I don't know if I'd be too happy receiving two can of green beans. The upcoming boxes I'm looking forward to are the Holiday Favorites, The New Mom, and The Beautiful By You. You can see all their upcoming boxes here.

Disclaimer: I  purchased this box with my own money and was not monetarily compensated for this review. Opinions are honest and are completely my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments