Our Spirits Are Getting Higher

February 20, 2014

In the recent days, both Rex and I have gotten a few calls for interviews. The interviews I have been getting aren't anything related to my education in Earth Science however but sometimes you do have to go back to the basics. When I first got back to my parents house I was still trying to find something even using the experience I've gained through the temp agencies. However that experience was only months, where my nursing home experience is over 2 years. Hence, I put in applications for nursing homes and the calls started pouring in. Literally. I'll be starting part-time at one nursing home, March 1st. I still have the part-time job with the middle school as well.

Rex went on two interviews for an electrical company his friend works at down in Baltimore. We're still waiting to hear back for that. We're adding a few days in there due to the snowstorms and the holiday. He also heard from a friend in Philadelphia who said they are hiring where he works. Rex is going to go there on Monday to fill out an application. I'm so excited because just the other day Rex was saying he was going to visit for the weekend, the last time he was here was on my birthday, January 9th. My Dodge Neon which I've had since 2005 isn't doing too well, so he'll be coming by Greyhound. We got a one way ticket for now. We've been discussing the next steps considering we tried getting more stable positions back in Maryland and now it looks like we'll be staying in New Jersey longer than we thought. If that's the case which it really seems to be, then Rex was planning on coming here and finding a job up this way. We both knew the arrangement was only until we can get back on our feet and even with us all living at my parents house, we know we want to get much more on our feet. That comes in time though.

The offers are coming in much more than the previous weeks and we definitely need to work for a living. I've been looking for a daycare for May and we think we might have found one in Delran. She is a little explorer. Climbing on everything she can get her tiny hands on. I know she'll be happy to see her father. Hopefully he can find a job up here and we can go from there. We have to take things one day at a time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments