Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Secret To Happiness Review

February 07, 2014

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.




About a week ago, I applied to review a children's book Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Secret To Happiness by author Suzy Liebermann from the website, Tomoson.com. The book looked fun from the cover pictured above and also from the description. Within two days, I was accepted for the review and although the book was offered for the Kindle (I don't have have a Kindle), I was able to read the book through Amazon.com's cloud reader. The book could also be read through the Kindle app for Android or IOS as well.

The book is an Award-Wining finalist in the Children's Mind/ Body/ Spirit category of the USA "Best Books 2012" awards and features Hugo, a starfish with a big heart. Hugo is happy but becomes sad and goes on a journey to find happiness. He tries different activities which bring him some happiness but the happiness does not last long. He later discovers that sharing with others brings him great long lasting happiness. He also learns empathy.

I found the book to be very engaging. The pictures were very well done. The flow of the book was good and there was a build up to what really made him happy. Once what really made him happy for a long time was revealed there was good emphasis on the topic. I read the book to May and she pointed to the the starfish and other characters in the book. She didn't stay completed interested, she'll be turning 14 months old later this month, but I'm sure when she gets older she'll like the book. With that being said, I found the book to be a little bit on the lengthy side, but it is geared for older children. Overall I really enjoyed the book and following Hugo on his journey to happiness. Suzy wrote a wonderful book that teaches great lessons for both children and adults.

For more information about Hugo the Starfish, check out MyStarFish.org.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments