First Steps!!!

February 11, 2014

May took her first steps earlier today. She was walking, WALKING to her grandfather. My dad said "Come here," and she was let go of the piece of furniture she was holding onto and without any assistance, took two steps toward him. I still can't believe it. She fell forward afterward and then reached out her hand and he lifted her up.

I was sitting on the couch and from my view I saw she was walking but I thought she was holding onto the chair that was close by. My dad said "No, she was walking," and then I remembered that she held both hand out in front of her. I should have recorded it. I know there will be many more recordable moments though. I got so emotional and teary eyed. May will be 14 months old on Thursday. She is definitely gain more confidence. My mom noticed that even when she holds onto the furniture, she walks more with one foot in front of the other. It's only a matter of time before she is fully walking. It was such an amazing moment. I wish Rex was here to see it. He misses her so much and we miss him. We hope to see him soon. Maybe she'll be walking into his arms :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments