Visiting Family, Snuffy Noses and Happy Spring!

March 20, 2014

Happy first day of Spring! Ah the rebirth!. I apologize for the lack of posts. These past few weeks, have been kind of rough, especially with Winter was really holding on. We got 2 inches of snow on St. Patrick's Day. For the past couple of days, May and I were battling colds and May just seems to be getting better now.

Last week, Rex, May and I went to Maryland to see family there. I had the day off from my job and Rex has been taking care of May while also looking for work. It was nice to take a break and visit his family. It had actually been about 2 months since May and I have visited Maryland. We keep in touch with May's grandparents and cousins through FaceTime, yet that isn't the same as seeing one another face-to-face. We had a good time in Maryland and May had fun playing with her cousins. A cute moment was when May hugged Josh, cousin who's 5 days older than she.

Rex recorded this video of them:


They were playing and curious of one another. We hope to visit Maryland more and one day hopefully get back to Maryland. The weather is getting warmer. Today the high was 56 and it was nice to see the last snow packs melting. Though I've been working more, I'm even closer than ever now to defending my thesis and graduating from graduate school. There are many edits to get to the final product. It's been a long process but and there were times I just wanted to say "Forget It," but I'm happy I stayed with it and had such great support. Even with our current living situation we aren't giving up. I've been saying it'll take to get back on track. We're getting there, slowly but surely we are getting there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments