Visting Kean/Fun At The Park

March 24, 2014

On Saturday, we took a little road trip to Union, New Jersey. It was a bit breezy and cloudy but later on in the day the wind started to die down a bit and the sun came out. I've been wanted to go back to the school I graduated from, Kean University, for a while now. I was off from work and kind of spur of the moment, we went up that way. Kean is about an hour a half away from where my parent live and the drive up wasn't too bad.

Kean has added many new buildings since I graduated, though we visited the older building where I had most of my classes. It was nice because it was a Saturday and not too many people were on the campus. May seemed to like the stream that runs by the building where I used to take my classes. She was pointed at many of the plants too. Rex seemed to like the campus as well and said it was big. We walked on the floor of the Geology and Meteorology department and looking at the synoptic maps on the wall brought back many more memories.

We didn't stay long at Kean and we stopped at White Castle to grab a bite to eat. Later we went to Warinanco Park in Roselle. I was familiar with the park because that's where the department holds annual picnics inviting current students and former students, as well as other science department. It's usually held in April, though I have not hear anything yet about a meeting this year. Warinanco Park is very big, but we found a nice spot by the water and there was a playset across from the water where children were playing. We took May to the swings and at first she didn't wanted want to get on the swing. She did however want to walk holding our hand and look at the other children who were playing. The playset may have been a bit for older children but there was a small slide that we pushed her down twice and she enjoyed that. Later on she wanted to go on the swing and I pushed her. She laughed and looked around. When we got her out she didn't want to leave but we decided not to stay for too long, it was a bit chilly out. We got back to my parents house later that evening. It was nice to get out of the house and see a different area. We'll make more trips to go other places as the weather gets nicer. We are hoping to go to Lancaster, PA soon. I know Rex and May will really enjoy it out there. It's so open and beautiful out that way.

Here's a few pictures we took of May at the park :-)





You Might Also Like

0 comments