30 Things: 5 Things That Make Me Most Happy Right Now

August 06, 2017

It's been some time since I last blogged and I am getting back into it. Here is number 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? of the 30 Things series. 


1. God's love. 

I have stated it before but I am so happy about God's love and the blessing of waking up each and every day. Just viewing the world that has been created and nature and breathing in the air, it's all God and praise is to Him. I smile just knowing that I have been put on this Earth for a purpose and that God knows my path and He leads me, getting me through hard times.

2. My caring husband and growing children.

My husband has been there through all the ups and downs that we have experienced and we know that there's going to be more obstacles to follow, but we also know we will be there together. If we get into an argument we work together to find a solution. He makes me laugh and even though it's been a bit difficult losing the weight from the second pregnancy, he has truly loved me through every which way I have looked and he will continue to love me. We have such a strong trust too. Our children are growing so fast and they are healthy and talents are already showing. Yes, at times motherhood can be a struggle but thinking about how small they were as babies and how tall they are getting now, just brings a tear to my eye. I am so thankful and happy to have such a committed husband and how he works so hard to provide for the family and children growing talents shine every day.

3. My supportive family, friends, and acquaintances. 

The past couple of months haven't been the easiest but my family, friends and even acquaintances have been so supportive and comforting and insightful. I realized over time to surround myself with positive people and my family and friends and acquaintances offer more than they even can imagine. The long talks are so helpful and to still have their friendship even though we might not live in the same state, gives me so much joy. My best friend and many of my family members live in New Jersey, and we still keep in contact and are on good terms. The understanding of our situation with friends and acquaintances makes me happy too. Understanding is so beneficial and for the advice and guidance, I will be forever grateful.

4. My clear mind and ability to learn new things.

I've been in about 8 months of unemployment at the time of this writing after being laid off from my role at AOL, last year. If I didn't have the support of family and friends and acquaintances and the love of God, I probably would have lost my mind by now. I am currently on unemployment and I have interviewed at about 7 different companies and had about 10 interviews but no offers. I might be getting closer though at the time of this writing. I am happy because, during these many months, I have been learning new skills and improving on my current skills. I have been viewing more online material and books on coding, like with Python and SQL and I realized that this is more of what I wish to pursue. With my Masters in Atmospheric Science, I have gotten interviews for Data Analyst positions but I have not secured a role...yet. I am so thankful for the resources to learn new things and improve upon skills. There is a plethora of material out there which is so exciting as well but at times it can be overwhelming. 

5. Being myself.

I have learned that being yourself is truly the best. Though you can change to adapt and be flexible to some things, you still need to be yourself and not go off the path. I am happy with who I am. I am analytical and logical. I am silly and fun. I am an educated black female who is a mother to two amazing children and wife to a loving man. I am cautious and resourceful, and I do take risks, at times. I LOVE to learn and I never want to stop learning. I enjoy helping others and giving back to the community. I am not perfect and I admit mistakes and imperfections. I strive to be the best mother I can be for my children and bestow knowledge upon them. I also strive to be the best wife I can be and friend and daughter. I am happy to be me because there is only one me. No one else this world has my same fingerprints and I am unique and glowing.

My rock, Rex!

Our beautiful, growing girls!

You Might Also Like

0 comments