Little Less Than A Month!

June 08, 2015

We have little less than a month before Nia is born!!! I got the call today that my time for my scheduled C-Section is at 12:45 pm at the same hospital I delivered May. That hospital is Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, MD. Rex and I decided on the C-Section because we weren't sure if I would be overdue like I was with May. In a previous post, I was wondering whether to do the repeat C-Section or the VBAC. When I delivered May I initially thought I'd be having a vaginal birth but later on after the epidural and I had dilated to 6 cm, May was in fetal distress and I had to have an emergency C-Section. I was worried that this might be the same with Nia. If I said OK to the vaginal birth and then if there is fetal distress, Nia would have to be born by emergency C-Section and that actually poses greater risks than a scheduled C-Section.

I'll learn more about what to do the day of the C-Section. I was told so far that I have to come in 2 hours before my scheduled time and that I can't eat anything pass midnight the night prior to surgery. With the scheduled C-Section it definitely seems much more planned. I told my doctor about the length of recovery too and he was saying that it actually might be less for the recovery. I know I wouldn't be jumping and skipping within 5 days of the surgery but it's nice to know that I might feel a little bit better than the first one. My recovery wasn't the worse but it also wasn't the best. For months after the surgery, I felt pains here and there when I laughed or sneezed. I remember I was told not to drive for 2 weeks and not to lift more than the weight of my child. I had help from Rex, Rex's family and my own family and friends the first time. This time might be a little different because we do live farther than Laurel and that some circumstances with the family might be harder to come by. I didn't saw what day we chose. Well Nia's estimated due date is July 12th. For the C-Section I was given any day from July 6 to the 10th. Yup no July 4th, well unless she decides to come on her own accord earlier. So given that week to chose from, Rex and I decided on July 7th. Yup 7-7-15. Apparently 12:45 pm was the only time to schedule me that day too, so maybe more people had the same idea. I was also thinking about 7-8-15, if the 7th wasn't available. The math part of me liked that date because 7 +8 = 15. Hehe.

We are getting more prepared at home for the birth. We already have a lot of baby supplies that we saved from having May and those are in a storage/panty section of the house. We are planning to go back to NJ sooner than later to pick up the car seat that we had for May. May has been forward facing since she was around 20 months, she was of the weight requirement to be forward facing for the seat. May is getting more aware of "mommy's big belly" as she calls it. She has her tantrums and I know she's not going to get completely over them in the next couple of months. Nia is doing fine in the womb, I can feel her space is getting less in there because she is pushing out more. Her heart rate has been more at a range 131 to 141 beats per minute, while I remember May's being 141 to 163. My next doctor's appointment is on Wednesday. I have to go every week now. Apparently too if you are going to have a C-section, the doctors don't check to see if you are dilated or effaced during those last few weeks.

The homestretch is here and I know the night leg cramps and acid reflux will be subsiding soon. We have our baby girl Nia!

 Hi Nia!

Tried to get May to kiss Nia again but she wanted to look at herself on the screen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments