Father's Day 2016

June 22, 2015

Yesterday was Father's Day. Happy be-lated Father's Day to all the fathers and fathers to be out there. It was also the first start of summer. Yesterday we spent more of the day at home but we went out to a nearby park to get some fresh air. It was nice at the park. It wasn't too hot and May loves picking up sticks and flowers. There is a playground at the park and she is getting better with going up the steps and she loves going down the slide, on her own. We decided to go to the park because of financial constraints. I had cooked pancakes earlier in the day and wished Rex a "Happy Father's Day." We both know that we need to conserve our funds at the moment and we were all happy we could spend time together.

Since we both use Facebook, I also wanted to share my some of my thoughts on the social site.  Here's what I posted:

"This Father's Day I wanted to do something different. I wanted to take a step into the past and fast forward to today. Little did I know the type of person you'd become when we first set eyes on one another. When I first saw you, when we were sitting in that parking lot I thought, "Who IS this guy trying to talk to me through the glass window of his car? Hmm well he's cute." You thought in today's terms, "Baby won't you come my wayyyyyyyy" but actually you thought "She's alright, I'm going to talk to her, no, she's still there, OK I'm going to talk to her." From there I learned more about myself than I ever thought I knew. Flash to the present. May screams with excitement of "Daddy!" when the door opens when you come home from work and Nia jumps at the touch of your hand on my belly and that deep voice. Soon two little girls will be calling you "Daddy," and I, I will be calling you "outnumbered", hehe. 

From cute and alright, to spit up, tantrums and hugs you kept your cool. We've experienced so much together as a family and have yet to experience so much more. On this Father's Day I want to thank you for graciously taking challenge and being the "outnumbered," devoted, caring and humble father that you are.

From your alright ;-) wife."

"Baby won't you come my way", is a part of a lyric from the song, "My Way," by popular rapper, Fetty Wap. Very later on that day we met up with members of the family for a barbeque. We met at my brother-in-laws house which is actually right around the corner here in Baltimore. Other family members came from Tacoma Park, it was nice outing. It was just very late. Luckily the weather was nice and it was a comfortable temperature outside. I sat most of the time, and May played with her cousins while Rex spoke to members of his family. I also spoke to family members and a woman who was a friend of the family who I hadn't met before. About 3 hours after we arrived, May fell asleep and decided to go back to the house, as Rex had work the next day. It was very relaxing and chill and nice to be with family. Tomorrow will make it exactly 2 more weeks until I have my c-section. We are getting more ready. I don't think we are really going to have a baby shower. We have a lot of things that we kept with May. We'll see though. Maybe there might be one...

Here's a few pictures I took yesterday:

 Piggybacks at the park

The night sky with the Moon, Venus and Jupiter. It's a bit blurry.

You Might Also Like

0 comments