Taking It Slow

November 22, 2013

These last couple of days we've been taking it slow.  The funeral was very hard and I still think of my aunt every day. She was like a mother to me and she will be truly truly missed. Rex is getting better but we are taking day by day. He hasn't had an attack since and hopefully we can get back to normalcy. He's been learning how to manage his symptoms better which I know will take time. Rex has started going back to work.  He know works about 15 minutes from the house as oppose to 40 minutes away from before. It's good that he's closer and there's also less traffic. He is happy with the new job too.

My nephew-in-law watches May and helps out around the house which is really nice. I was feeling very overwhelmed with the events that were happening. Life takes unexpected turns. You have to deal with them because at the end of every tunnel there is a light. Just one day at a time. I've been going to my part-time job at the middle school at Howard. I tutored some of the students last Saturday in 8th grade math. For most of the week, I input the records that the other graduate students fill out. Though it's not a full-time job, I am still thankful I have something. I'm thankful Rex has gone back to work. Our financial situation has gotten really bad. We know in time, it'll get better though. I'll finally be defending my thesis on air quality forecasting, next Monday. It's almost over. Hopefully I can graduate with my Masters next month!

Speaking of next month, May will be A YEAR OLD!! She is getting bigger each day and recently she started whistling too. She isn't walking independently yet, but she'll walk in her own time. We're not sure if we'll be doing too much for her birthday, but we're definitely going to celebrate in some way. Her grandparents said they'll come down and take her back to New Jersey that weekend. It's been a while since her great-grandparents saw her too.

We might have to make her birthday, Tinkerbell themed. Some days we'll just watch the Tinkerbell series. Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings, Tinkerbell and The Lost Treasure, Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue. May loves Tinkerbell! We enjoy watching the movies along with other movies and shows. I know we'll be watching more of the shows when she gets older. I'm looking forward to singing "If You Believe," by Lisa Kelly with her.

You Might Also Like

0 comments