On The Mend

November 10, 2013

For the past couple of days, we've all been on the mend. Right after Halloween, May got sick. She was coughing and had nasal congestion. She's only had about two colds before she turned 1 and this was her second cold. She slept for most of the day when she first had it and in the following days she got better. We did our best to keep her comfortable, as there is no cure for the common cold. She had no fever, so we didn't give her children's Tylenol. We did give her more water and kept the humidifier on at night. By the third day she was more like her active self.

I was sick too. I didn't have a fever but I was coughing and had nasal congestion. At times I had to take my inhaler, for my asthma. My cold went away within a matter of four days. The colds seemed to skip by Rex. He was fine, which May and I were coughing and trying to get well. Now Rex isn't doing so well. Last week he called me on his way home from work, like he always does, although this time he was calling to say he was out of breath, that he felt numb and like he was going to faint. He called an ambulance before that and the ambulance was on their way to take him to the hospital. I tried not to panic and remained calm. He was taken to the emergency room and had to be admitted. May and I visited him while he was waiting for a bed. They said his potassium was very low and at one point they thought he had a blood clot. It turns out there was no blood clot and they kept him overnight for observation. He has since been released and is resting. The doctors aren't sure what's wrong and he has to get many tests done. We're staying strong through all of it. I'm taking care of him and May is putting a smile on his face.

We are just hoping the doctors can find out what's going on. At times, Rex feels a little weak but he is getting better. We'll be there for each other, in sickness and in health.

You Might Also Like

0 comments