About COVID-19

March 12, 2020


Well, 2020 has taken a turn for the much worse. It's COVID-19, the Coronavirus and currently, it's sweeping over the entire world. Sound like a movie? I wish it was.

We first heard about the virus back in February. There were many cases of it in China and there was a concern that the virus would travel to other parts of the world but nonetheless, we all continued to go about our daily routine and now that routine is anything but normal.

There are more positive cases in the US and over 3 right here in Maryland. Today the governor of Maryland stated that all Maryland School will be closed starting from March 16th to March 27th in an effort to control prevent the virus from spreading further. May's Spring Break was scheduled for April 6 to April 13th and know we aren't sure if the schools will be open even after the 27th.

I am seeing some schools are closing until the end of April. The school gave many packets and online resources for the children to do over the break. It is not required though, I will work on the material with May. There are a few businesses that are temporary closing and currently Rex and I still have our jobs. I am very thankful for that but I feel for those who went in one day to work and now the place is closed.

There is an initiative to work from home and stay at home also to wash hands and use hand sanitizer. More of what we have learned since we were younger, especially to wash our hands but the virus is deadly and I do have the option to work from home, which thankful for that option in for my job. I don't think I will be able to work the whole two weeks from home though and we are able to take May and Nia over to at-home child care center in which we have been going to for the last 4 years. The child care provider has been so wonderful and we have been so blessed to know here and the learning there for the years. This is actually the last year though. Nia will be Kindergarten this fall and May only goes there if the school is closed.

The kids and the family are alright though and so are parents and friends. It's looking like this virus is going to be very big and even during my flight last month, I saw people with masks on, on the airplane and through the airport but thankful I didn't contract anything and it was all for precations. Well maybe.

We need to get May's glasses too. I took her to the eye doctor about two weeks ago. She had a test in school, that tested her eyesight and hearing and she failed in her right eye for distance. We just have to keep it together in all of this. I have a feeling it's going to be some harder times ahead and Rex's flight to Liberia which was to be from March 21st to April 1st looks like that's not going to happen, due to virus.


You Might Also Like

0 comments