May Has Glasses!

March 14, 2020


It's official May has glasses! We went to the eyeglass store today. We are being careful too, with the virus cases growing in America and around the world. We are washing our hands more frequently and using hand sanitizer. We are also staying indoors more, though we did need to get May's glasses and food.

As I stated in the previous post we found out that May had an issue with her vision due to a vision and hearing test, which was given at the school. I found out later, through research that the test is given to the students in 1st grade and again at later grades. We haven't seen May squint and she was not always looking at screens but I do remember when I first found out I needed glasses. I was in my teens and my school work was not at risk, and neither is May's but I had headaches and I remember my grandfather suggesting that I might need glasses.

Well, I have astigmatism in both eyes, May has astigmatism in one eye and that's the right eye. The left eye sees perfectly clear. We went to the eye doctor's appointment and it reminded me of when I was going to get my eyes checked. I absolutely can't stand that puff of air in the eye but May took that puff of air like a champ. The doctor suggested that May get glasses where the left eye has less of a prescription so it does less work and that might be able to help strengthen the right eye. May does not have a lazy eye but the condition is more so an onset to it and even before the official diagnosis, there might be patching involved and a stronger glasses prescription. There even might be surgery, I'm hoping it doesn't get to that.

May has obtained more of my lovely traits. I have asthma and so does my mom and grandmother. May has not been officially diagnosed with asthma but she is respiratory issues and the same machine I used when I was younger. She also has an inhaler. Now she has glasses and she looks so cute. May is actually farsighted and I am nearsighted.

May handles everything like a champ too and glasses have become so more fashionable in the last 20 or so years. She was so excited to get the glasses and it will be a big change but I know she will rock the glasses. Nia now even wants glasses. We'll see about that. Right now Nia's eyes seem to be alright and Nia has no respiratory issues. We still love them all the same and the glasses totally fit May's personality. She loves the color pink!





 She looks so adorable!

  My loves 💞

You Might Also Like

0 comments