Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem Router AC1900 Review

July 24, 2015


I have been using the Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem Router AC1900 for over 2 months now. I received the device through a Netgear program in which I agreed to test the product for free and review it. The modem only works with Comcast and when we first moved to the apartment back in February we had the Comcast cable modem. That cable modem not very good and lost connection quite frequently. I learned later to get your own modem so it could cut out the renting cost of using the Comcast modem. Well then I got a modem and a wi-fi router. That was two products! They worked alright but when I saw this product I was so happy that it was just one. This wi-fi router is all built into one and it is very strongly built. 

The setup of the router was very quick and easy. There is a quickstart guide that is included with the modem and it is very helpful. I made no calls to Comcast during installation and followed the on screen prompts. Within a few minutes of installation, the connection was stable and running. I was instantly able to connect my laptop, my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Rex's IPhone, our IPad 2 and our wireless printer. We also connected our Amazon Fire TV to the network. With all those devices connected the speed was fast and the connection was stable. I did lose connection once or twice a few days after the initial setup but that wasn't anything compared to the connection lost with the Comcast modem. 

The modem also features a center called the Netgear Genie which is online and has a lot of options you can manage like parental control and internet usage. You can also log into the Netgear Router itself. There you can change the network password and name. You can even create a network just for guests. At first it was a little difficult to access the Netgear Router but after I found out, it was very easy to access it. With the Netgear Nighthawk I am much more productive while on the web, I spend far less time reconnecting. We stream a lot at our house too, like Netflix and Youtube and the content using them is very clear and not skipping. Overall I really love the Netgear Nighthawk. I think that Netgear constructed a very durable and reliable device. I love how we can save money using our own modem when paying for internet service with Comcast and I can honestly say that I am never going back to renting a modem. 

To find out more about Netgear, check out their About Us page.

 Currently the Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem Router AC1900 retails on Amazon for $279.99. 


                                                      

You Might Also Like

0 comments