Happy July 4th!

July 04, 2015


It's pretty late as I write this but we just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Independence Day!!!! We celebrated differently this year.  Rex had gone with Paul to New Jersey to get a few things from my parents house for Nia, especially the car seat. May and I went to Rex's parents place for Rex's niece Susie to braid my hair for the delivery. Ever since I cut much of my hair off, it was so matted and rough, about almost three years ago, I've been on more natural hair journey. It's actually something I was planning to do for a long time and I even have it mentioned in my 30 before 30. My hair has gotten slightly longer since I cut it and I have a lot of hair so it took some time for my hair to be finished. It came out great though and even Rex's aunt Ridia helped in braiding my hair. It was late when it was done and we got to see some fireworks from the window of the apartment. May was pretty good while I was getting my hair done and she and some of her cousins liked watching the fireworks above the trees. Rex won't actually be back until tomorrow. He and his friend, Paul are also helping DJ at an event in New Jersey. Paul is also a DJ on the side and Rex has been looking into that option too, to acquire some extra income.

Just 3 days now until Nia's birth. I'm going to try and get my blood work done tomorrow. I have to get the blood work done 24 to 48 prior to the delivery date. I currently don't have any contractions or water breaking and I really think I'll make it the scheduled delivery date. It's OK if she come early though. I have to get the hospital bag together soon too. I've just been more tired this pregnancy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments