Three Months Old Update

March 13, 2013

May is three months old today. She's getting stronger each day. I'm sure she's past 26 inches now and probably close to 15 pounds. May has been doing great during tummy time. She's holding her head up more on her own and it's pretty steady. Here's a picture from a few days ago:

We did one of those ink hand prints and foot prints. That's the little hand in the background. It was actually pretty simple to set up. Her hands and feet never touched the ink. Getting the imprint was a little bit challenging. Miss May wanted to move about. We got pretty good prints though :-)

I'm still breastfeeding May, though we're thinking she might be more preferring the breast over the bottle now. In a couple more months I'll be leaving Howard and right now I'm in the process of applying to jobs. I know I'll be on the go more so she'll more be getting the bottle. I hope that I can pump enough milk for her. I'm going to try Yogi Nursing Support tea, to try and increase my milk supply.

May still wakes up about three times a night. Some nights she'll only wake up two times. She's much more active during the day. When she does sleep she'll sleep for maybe an hour or two at least two times during the day. When she is up, I sometimes place her on her play mat and she kicks at the toys hanging down and pulls and tugs at the bird and rattle hanging down. She kicks with such great strength too.

May is also starting to suck her thumb, though she doesn't suck her thumb for long. We'll keep our eye on when she sucks her thumb. She doesn't have teeth yet but when she does we'll have to take that thumb away. My mom said I'd suck on my thumb a lot and I need braces. My mom also told me I didn't take to the pacifier and would always spit it out. May spits out the pacifier when she doesn't want it but she does take it when she does. May also is losing a bit of her hair due to a bout with cradle cap. Hopefully the cradle cap will clear up soon.

May isn't the only one losing her hair. I've had a bad case of postpartum hair loss. I was wondering why so much of my hair was coming out in clumps these past few days, so I Googled it and it all made sense. Now I know why some new moms wear short hair styles. I might have to join that train.

As I sit here and write this on my laptop, she's on her play mat just talking away and hitting her swinging rattle. She is going to be such a talker. We can tell. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments