My Baby Shower!!!

November 04, 2012

Yesterday was my baby shower. It was hosted by my mom and grandmother and held at my grandmother's house in NJ. I took the greyhound back to NJ. I met so many cool people along the way (I had to make two transfers). They were asking me when I was due, and what the sex of the baby was. I also heard many stories about children in general as well.

I knew about the shower behind and didn't know if we'd still have it because of Hurricane Sandy. There is so much devastation in many parts of NJ and NY, thankfully around were my grandparents live and around where my guests we coming from, wasn't hit too bad. I invited some of my friends from NJ to the shower. I was going to have another shower in Maryland hosted by Rex's family, this coming Saturday but my father-in-law was seriously injured recently and we decided not to have the shower. He is doing better. It's a long road to recovery though :-(

The shower went very well and the turn out was good considering the recent storm. There were a few guests that couldn't make it. I am so thankful to my parents and my grandparents and everyone who came out to the shower, as well as those who couldn't make it and still thought about May and I. We all had a good time and I was very overwhelmed with all the gifts. Reality is really starting to set in and come Nov 8, it'll be a month before her due date. Rex and I are really getting things ready for May, as best we can :-)

I have my next doctor's appointment on the 7th. After that it's every week. In two weeks I'll be full term. It's very exciting, and I'm a bit nervous, but with the help of so many and my husband by my side, I know we'll be great parents and May is so surrounded by love <3.




Butt Aid!!!

 Overwhelmed

You Might Also Like

0 comments