Liberian Independence Day 2012

July 27, 2012

Yesterday was the official date for Liberian Independence. Liberia became independent on July 26, 1847. Rex and I wished friends and family as well as Liberians over the world, a happy Independence Day, through our various social media outlets. I'm learning so much about Liberia through Rex and he's learning a couple things about American culture though me. It's really great there's such a mixture of culture in America. There may be clashes at times but many times there is an opportunity to celebrate one's background.

I can't wait until to Liberia. We had to reschedule our plans for this December, do to the arrival of our baby. We'll be there soon one day though and I know Rex can't wait to go back. It was really nice seeing the culture at the event last Saturday. Rex and I were so happy it wasn't cancelled due to the rain.

For Liberians everywhere:

 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments