Going Well

June 11, 2012

I had my 2nd prenatal checkup today and everything is going well. My blood tests came back good and the other poking and prodding that they had done, came back good too. So far I've gained a few more pounds.  I'm getting farther from 120, LOL.

The nurse checked the baby's heart rate and the heart rate is going at 157 beats per minute. The heart rate so far has been the highest when I went in for my first prenatal check (that's when I got most of the test done). At that time the heart rate was at 167 beats per minute and the gestational age was 10 weeks . When I went in for the first trimester screen at 11 weeks and 3 days, the heart rate was 157. So now at 14 weeks and 2 days, the heart rate hasn't changed much. I saw on some websites you can tell the sex of the baby by the heart rate. Others say that is an old wives tale. Rex and I have been thinking we're going to have a boy from the beginning of the pregnancy. I did find on a website that a heartbeat above 140 is a girl. We'll just have to wait until the ultrasound in July.

I go back in later this month for the second part of the first trimester screen. That test checks for spina bifida. Then in the second week of July I'll be getting the big ultrasound. That's when we'll know really the sex of the baby and see the face has more taken shape. This is all so exciting. I'm so happy that my tests came back fine and that the baby is healthy. We can't wait until December when we can hold our little one.

I still can't feel any kicks yet. I definitely think by the time, the second week of July rolls around I will be able too. I know when the baby gets bigger and I can really feel the kicks, when I try to sleep, I'll be like "Ok baby, mommy is trying to sleep." I got most of my rest in the first trimester. I was SO tired. As soon as outside was dark, I was sleepy and this even happened for thunderstorms in the mid afternoon. I got most of my energy back, I think. I know when the baby comes, both me and Rex won't get hardly any sleep. All the joys of being pregnant. This is truly a blessing. Creating life and bringing the baby into this world is a miracle.  I'm so happy Rex is the father. I couldn't have asked God to send me a better angel. He has stuck by me through my mood swings, before pregnancy, and during, well he knows it might get worse. I apologize now honey.

The doctor said I have pretty much smooth sailing, now that I'm in the second trimester. I really like that office, they are so nice. They really make you feel like family and not a just a patient. My tummy is expanding outward and I'll have to buy more maternity clothes. I've been trying to stay inside more. It's hot outside and feels even hotter pregnant. It's all good though, we're having a baby :-)

 The baby is growing :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments