Little Cruiser, Update, Plus Trip To Georgetown Cupcake!

September 02, 2013

First off we wanted to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day! Hope you are able to get some rest.

Gosh where have we been these last few weeks? We've been trying to keep up with May! She has mastered crawling and now she's cruising! She holding herself up on the coffee table, the furniture, our legs. This girl is on the go! It's really amazing to see her progress. She'll be nine months on the 13th. Sleeping through the night is not an option for May, as she wakes up about two to three times a night. I think it's because I'm still breastfeeding. She's eating certain solid foods like carrots and peaches but it seems like she really doesn't like others. (She's a picky eater like her momma. Hehe.) We are trying different foods including finger foods and it's still exciting to see which ones she likes and doesn't like :-)

We've also been working hard. Rex has been working pretty much non stop at his job and I've been focusing more on my research for my thesis. I'm hoping to defend my thesis in October and graduate with my Masters in December. I'm been actively looking for a job too. My stipend ended at the end of August. I've actually been looking since February. Though I've went on a few interviews, I still haven't gotten a job offer. I'm not giving up hope though.

Though we've been working hard, we got a chance to relax last Saturday, when my parents came down from New Jersey to visit us. They were really happy to see May. I text pictures of her often but it had been at least three months since they have seen her physically. My parents spent the night in Maryland and on Sunday we decided to go on a slight tour of DC and stop by Georgetown Cupcake, a famous bakery in DC.

Since I've been living in Maryland for the past three years, I never went to Georgetown Cupcake, nor have I heard of it (I never watched DC Cupcakes). Rex had been there once for one of his customers and wondered why the line was so long and my parents have heard of the bakery through Cupcake Wars but never went to the shop. It took about 15 minutes to get inside the shop but we were given a menu of the cupcake selection before we got in. We didn't order the cupcakes beforehand and just decided to go there and get what was there. My parents got a half dozen cupcakes which included carrot, strawberry and red velvet cupcakes. Rex and I got a half dozen as well which included chocolate coconut, chocolate ganache, banana split and red velvet cupcakes. Here are some pictures from our visit:

 Outside the bakery.

Almost inside.
 
Cupcakes!

 May by the cupcakes. She seemed to enjoy the visit.
 
 After tasting the cupcakes I can see why so many people enjoy them. They were delicious! We'll definitely order these cupcakes again, especially when May gets older. They are a little on the pricey side though.

Later this month, Rex and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already :-) We'll also be taking a family trip to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. We are so excited!!!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments