Anniversary Cruise With Spirit

March 29, 2012

We celebrated our 6 month anniversary, March 24th, on a short cruise aboard the Spirit of Washington, DC.  We celebrated a day earlier because that Sunday I was leaving to Tallahassee, Florida for the Sixth Education and Science forum at Florida A & M University.  I presented my research on the Economic Value of Air Quality Forecasting in the Washington, DC/Baltimore metro region.  I'll write more about this when I get more pictures :-)

Our cruise  was 2 hours and that day it was rainy but it cleared up towards the end of the cruise. We sailed on the Potomac River and saw the tidal basin and the Washington, DC Titanic Memorial, among other landmarks along the route. We saw other ships too. The food was really good and the staff was really friendly. We were on the Cherry Blossom Festival Gospel Lunch Cruise and the music was relaxing. There were two live performances. One was by a band called The Tribe and the other was by Kendall King. We enjoyed both performers. I got up to dance two times. I danced to the Electric Slide. It got so repetitive though and to the Cupid Shuffle. I must say my dancing was mediocre. I had on shoes with a slight heel and the floor was slippery, so my turns weren't as sharp. Plus we were moving on water.

We were on the top deck, seated by a window towards the front of the ship. Our table had a nice balloon that said "Happy Anniversary." There were so many people celebrating a birthday on that cruise and I overheard the waiter say his birthday was on January 9th. Of course I had to tell him mine was the same and we were like "Capricorns!"  We really had a great time and we are looking forward to going on another one in the near feature. For Rex's first time on a cruise he really enjoyed it. We'd also like to go on a big cruise for like a week, though who really has time for that? We purchased the photos taken before we got on and they came out good. Rex looks so handsome. We also included the souvenir glass champagne glasses.  They looked really nice. I'm so happy we could celebrate our wonderful relationship with an amazing cruise on the Potomac.  Love is truly timeless.

 The Titanic Memorial.
 Sailboats (it was raining).

 Passing under Highway 395.

 The Odyssey.

 Our photo we took before the cruise.
 The front of the ship.

 Inside the ship. The lady in front was celebrating her birthday. I thought it was so nice she gave those balloons to children who were seated by her. They were so happy.



 The champagne flutes.

If you look really closely, you'll see a helicopter about to land.

Our anniversary balloon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments