Mother's Day 2020

May 10, 2020

It's Mother's Day! Oh, what it is to be a mom! Being a mom is amazing and we wish all the wonderful and strong moms and moms-to-be a very happy and safe Mother's Day.

It has certainly been different with COVID-19 still present and unfortunately, numbers in Maryland and around the world, haven't gone down. We still are making the best of the situation and doing our best to stay healthy as well. The use of digital teleconferencing has gone up significantly since the pandemic came in full force. We have spent many hours talking to friends and family on platforms like Zoom and Google Hangouts.

Yesterday, we spent more of the time talking on Zoom, and today I rested for Mother's Day. It's really been hectic the past couple of weeks, now that all Maryland public schools are closed now for the whole academic year. Now I'm homeschooling to a degree and blessed to still be working but it is still a lot on the plate. Being a mom, in general, requires so many hats and I am so thankful to have learned so much about parenting from my mom and grandparents. Now in the new normal, my mom wants to help out with going over the school worksheets and we are so going to do that. It's becoming overwhelming keeping up with the worksheets and I still want May to still like school whenever in-class learning starts again. My mother is a former teacher too. We just don't want May to be behind going into the second grade and I work on reading and other workbooks with May and Nia, because Nia is going into Kindergarten in the Fall.

Oh, the paths you make to pave a way for your children. I take Mother's Day to really reflect on the journey that is parenting and it's been a winding path of many twists and turns and also so many smiles. When I first found out I was pregnant, I couldn't believe there was life forming inside me and with the sound of their heartbeats, that joy! The first kicks, to the now strong hugs and kicking balls and throwing frisbees with the kids. Life is truly amazing and I am so thankful to have such a loving husband and wonderful father to our kids. We continue to grow as a family in knowledge and opportunities. I truly love my children and we work so hard to prove the best for them and to show them, love, kindness and respect to show to others.

With that being said, Happy Mother's Day!


 With my grandparents, at our wedding. 

With my grandfather, my in-laws and my parents, at our wedding.

You Might Also Like

0 comments