#EternalSkyShawl- Alpaca Blend Reversible Shawl Review-Tomoson

February 08, 2016

I was so delighted to have been approved for this promotion from Novica on Tomoson. The Alpaca Blend Reversible Shawl is actually my second product from Novica and I am loving their products!

Novica is in association with National Geographic and the company features products like jewelry, clothing, paintings, home decor and more, from around the world through the fair trade. The first product I received where gorgeous green Sterling Silver Waterfall Earrings with Quartize and Glass Beads 'Green Rain Shower.' The earrings are hand made and are so delicate in the ears. Here's a couple of pictures of the earrings:



Each product from Novica comes with a informational card featuring the artisan who crafted the product. I was so happy with the earrings I thought the alpaca shawl would be wonderful too and it surely is.
The shawl is long and the measurements are 75" X 25.5" W and the shawl is made from 40% alpaca and 60% acrylic. If you are wondering what alpaca is, an alpaca is a small camelid that is prominently from South America and slightly resembles a small llama. The shawl is made from the wool of the alpaca and the since the original texture is coarse, the natural fibers are softened to preserve the natural state of the material.
The shawl is very elegant and has a flower/vine pattern. The color of the shawl is a steel blue and gray. One side is gray while the other side is steel blue. Here is the shawl laid out showing the detailed pattern on the sides:
 The grey side.

The steel blue side.

Now I know in the picture the steel blue probably looks more black, the camera on my phone doesn't really give it justice with how blue the color is. The shawl itself is very warm and incredibly soft. It's very versatile too different ways of wearing the shawl. I will have to look at more ways to wear the shawl, here's a few I tried so far:


The artisan of this shawl is Isidoro C'cahuantico  and included on the information card C'cahuantico states, 'I became enamored with the textile arts at first sight... My curiosity led me into the world of textiles, looms and weaves.'

Overall, I am so in love with these shawl, the earrings and this company. I think it's wonderful that some of the money for the purchase of the product goes towards helping communities all over the world and that it's a great platform for artisans in so many countries to get their crafted work in the public eye.

Currently the Alpaca Blend Reversible Shawl retails on Amazon for $97.99.

The  Sterling Silver Waterfall Earrings with Quartize and Glass Beads 'Green Rain Shower' earrings, retail on Amazon for $22.99.

To learn more about Novica, read more of their mission.

Presently over $66.6 M has been sent to artisans around the world1 That's a truly beautiful thing and there are so many beautifully crafted products too!

I love it!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for reduced discount using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments