August 2013 Goodebox

August 08, 2013

I've been trying new natural and organic products recently and I was introduced to Goodebox, a monthly subscription service, from browsing the forums on MakeupTalk.com. At $16 a month, Goodebox is more on the expensive side of subscription boxes, the service does offer 6 to 7 trial sized products matched to meet your customizable profile. Here's the what I received:



 Blue Avocado- (eco) Zip Travel bag ($3.99)


According to the card given in the box, "this bag is made from 50% recycled repreve polyester fibers." It's also "TSA compliant and could easy fit 4 travel size bottles". I like this product and it's actually clear when you take the card in the middle with the bottles on it out. I like that I can take this with me on my travels and that it's made from recycled material.

Kaia- Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths (30 ct. pkg - $15.00)
 

The box contained two of these cloths and I'll say that was good amount to get a feel for the product. The cloths cleanse and tone and smell GREAT! These cloths picked up much of the dirt on my face and left my skin feeling really smooth. I think I might consider purchasing these cloths in the near future.

Preserve- Toothbrush (4 brushes - $15.00)


I like how this toothbrush is made from recycled yogurt cups and is BPA free. The card mentions you can even get a new brush every 3 months with the subscription program at Preserve. I'm looking forward to trying this toothbrush and I'll stick it in my travel bag.

Zoe Organics- Insect Repellent (4oz- $20.00)

 One thing I don't like about summer are the insects that bite and this product hit the nail right on the head. I love that this is a 100% organic blend botanical oils and fights off insects too. I tried this product and the smell is not the strong. I remember using OFF! when I was back at camp, and practically reeking on insect repellent. This repellent comes out more like a liquid, which also for nice coverage of the area in which you wish to protect.

The All Nighter Styling Powder (Platinum/Neutral)  (1oz- $18.00)

 This is the only product in the box that I'm not too happy about. Though the powder is talc, aluminum, silica and paraben free, I feel that it's not the product for me. I don't really use powders in my hair, especially styling powders. I'll probably be giving this one away as a gift.

Skinfare- Verdant Remedy Coconut Oil Stick   (0.8oz -$9.99)

 I absolutely LOVE this product! It has a blend of essential oils and it tones, brightens and moisturizes. This stick is so multipurpose, you can use it almost anywhere. I like how the stick is small enough to fit in my bag, but a little goes a long way. The stick melts in contact with the skin and I've been using it on my face. I find that my skin absorbs the oils quickly and so far I haven't had a breakout. I've already ordered another one of these sticks along with two more, the Apothecary Prime and the Topical Nourishment. I used the code that was provided on the card, it's exclusively only for members however. I could see this product replacing my moisturizer! The product smells wonderful too.

EatGreenTea.com Organic Whole Leaf Edible Green Tea   (100g bag-$25.00)

At first I thought this was a teabag, but then I saw it was EDIBLE green tea. This intrigued me, as I have never heard of eating green tea. According to the card, the tea is "100% organic, hand-picked, whole green tea leaves that have been tested for heavy metals and boast up to 10,000% higher antioxidant value than their brewed counterpart." The tea can be placed in soups, stews, sauces, smoothies, you name it, to consume it. I put about a tablespoon the sauce for my spaghetti and found the taste of the sauce and the tea to be pleasing. I could see buying more of this in the near future.

Overall, I'm very happy with this box and Goodebox. I like how the products are tailored to your profile and that the contents of the box are over the $16 price at which the box sells for. I look forward to September's box. I actually recently purchased their Single 'Bonus' Goodebox. That box is going for $14 and promises to offer 6 to 7 trial size products. That box can be either all the contents from a previous box or various contents from previous boxes. I'm hoping for various contents.

 Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not monetarily compensated for this review. Opinions are honest and are completely my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments