One Year Ago Today

April 11, 2013

Today marks a year since we found out I was pregnant. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It had been a few weeks after Spring Break and a few days since I had gotten back from a conference in Tallahassee. We got the pregnancy test a couple of days after I missed my period. I remember how it was waiting for the result of the test and how we felt after the result showed. PREGNANT!!! Such a flood of emotions and above all, pure joy :-)

Thinking about the journey we had after finding out and leading to her delivery is nothing short of amazing. We both went from not knowing much about children to raising one of our own. Though at 25, I felt mature to have a child, and even now with her almost four months, it's still a bit overwhelming. Every child is truly different, no matter how many classes take and books you might read.

As I write this entry, our daughter played with her first doll. Her little hands and feet are so cute. She is fighting sleep. Tossing the doll to the side and rubbing her eyes. We are so happy she's here with us and we love watch her grow more each day. We love you May. Always and forever.

Started with this:  :-D


And now.... :-D!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments