We're Married!!!

September 27, 2012


Rex and I are officially married. We got married September 25, 2012 in Mt. Holly, NJ at the Superior Courthouse of New Jersey. The day was wonderful, there were about 23 family and friends in attendance and some of Rex's family members came up from MD.

I still can't believe we're married. We are the Sumos now :-) I got my nails done before we left for NJ. We left for NJ the day before the wedding. My nails turned out very good and matched the colors of my dress, teal and black. The black was lace. I had gotten the dress months ago and found it at an online store called Lily Boutique. My dress fit fine the day of the wedding and I was very happy about that. I also got my bouquet, the bouquet for my maid of honor (my best friend Kate) and the boutonniere at another online store, HappyDayFlowersCo, through Etsy an online community for sharing handmade products. The items turned out nice.

The day of the wedding I got my hair done by my hair stylist in Willingboro, NJ that I have seen since I was in high school. I don't see her that much anymore, since I moved to MD. She gave me great looks throughout the years and I wanted her to do my hair for the wedding. My hair was curly and simple. I wore a black lace bow headband and it looked cute with the curls. As I was getting my hair done, Rex's family and my family chatted.

I didn't see Rex until the ceremony. It was very sweet and lasted about 15 minutes. I was smiling at Rex the whole time and he smiled back at me. We held hands as we recited our vows. Kate stood by my side and Rex's brother Benny, stood by his. We exchanged rings at the courthouse and my ring for Rex was a little tough getting past the knuckle. Guess he won't be taking the ring off, hehe.

After the ceremony we took more pictures, then headed to Deptford, NJ for the reception at Adelphia Restaurant.  The reception was very beautiful and though we had a bit of a confusion of which table to sit at in the beginning (the restaurant had reserved two sections of the room for our party, this is because we had made the reservation with two different people at the restaurant.) In the end, we sat at the section with tablecloths. My parents got decorations and balloons and placed them on the tables. The reception was catered and Rex and I selected 3 entrees off the menu beforehand. The food was great.

 We got a sheet cake for the dessert. It read "Congratulations Tasha and Rex." We cut the cake and feed some to each other. It became a bit of a mess but it was fun :-) We said our thanks and gave out our party favors. We are so thankful of everyone who shared this day with us. It's all so amazing!!! Now we're awaiting the arrival of May. We feel so blessed and look forward to our blossoming journey together as husband and wife. I have to get used to saying husband :-D

Here's a picture with my parents and my husband after the ceremony:


Here's one of the new husband and wife:


Cutting the cake.


 Feeding the cake to each other.

 We love you May!

My maid of honor, Kate and I.







You Might Also Like

0 comments