92nd Annual American Meteorological Society Conference

January 28, 2012

Last week I went to the 92nd Annual American Meteorological Society conference in New Orleans, LA. I went with some students and faculty of the Howard University Program of Atmospheric Sciences (HUPAS).  The conference was great and I learned a lot about public health, policy and air quality.  I'm currently researching the value of air quality forecasting with my advisor Dr. William R. Stockwell.

The city of New Orleans was very live. The weather was nice. It was in the low to mid 70s for the time we were there.  I could not forget about Hurricane Katrina which struck New Orleans in 2005, while I was there as well.

I walked down Bourbon Street and saw the French Quarter. The French Quarter was very nice and I'm just say that Bourbon Street was completely the opposite. I'd really like to go back with Rex.  I missed him the whole time I was there.  I think it would be a nice place for us to visit and enjoy.  Here are some pictures from my trip.

 Me on Bourbon St, I got the beads from the airport. They were giving them out after we had landed.
 Me by a house made of scrap, plus I'm wearing shorts in January!

 Me with my AMS badge.

 Never Forget.

 The Famous Mother's Resturant. 

 Amazing bread pudding from Mother's Resturant.

 In front of Jackson Square.

 In the French Quarter.

 Students and faculty from Howard, some people are missing.


The executive board of GSAAS (Graduate Student Association for Atmospheric Sciences) with AMS President Elect Dr. James Marshall Shepard.

Me with the mask I got from New Orleans. 


Rex wore it too :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments